- Become Certified Holistic Nutritionist (CHN) in a semester long and 100% online course!
- After successful completion, you will earn a certificate with the title of “Certified Holistic Nutritionist (CHN)” from American University of Integrative Medicine (AUIM).
- AUIM is accredited by AADP (American Association of Drugless Practitioners), AANWP (American Association of Natural Wellness Practitioners, and GEMA (Guardian Ecclesiastical Medical Association),
- Without any further exam, you can apply for board certification from AADP and AANWP to become board certified holistic health professional, and License from GEMA.
The Holistic Nutrition Certification program provides an evidence-based, unprecedented, professional training for the promotion of long-term health and well-being in whole body. This course is composed of topics including human body nutritional needs, nutrition dense food, organics, all diet methods such as ketosis, veganism, vegetarianism, whole foods, paleo, dairy, non-dairy and how to achieve total wellness. This course will also provide you with a strong skill set on personalize nutrition and different diet methods, and the confidence to coach and consult with any client seeking to not only prevent but reverse modifiable chronic disease such as diabetes and heart disease, and gain optimal health. The students of this nutritional certification course will become familiar with food-related policy and recommendations, including the Dietary Guidelines of USDA and some other countries, FDA Food Labels, and evidence-based nutrition programs, and gain practical skills to make healthful dietary choices.
After successful completion of this course, students will be able to identify the fundamentals of a healthy eating pattern; recognize associations between dietary behaviors and understand barriers to healthful eating, including cultural, environmental, and social; utilize validated tools to encourage healthful food choices; provide practical advice to improve dietary behaviors; and be-come adept at accessing evidence-based resources to maintain the most up-to-date knowledge, skills, and tools to promote good nutrition.
As a Certified Holistic Nutritionist (CHN), you will be able to learn strategies to coach, consult, and advise clients on how to identify and correct the nutritional causes of health complaints, and design personalized diet and lifestyle programs that promote optimal health. If this appeals to you or you are passionate about health and wellness, then this program is for you!
Course Delivery Method:
- 100% Digital versions in Blackboard site for all course textbooks and other materials.
- Online access to course materials, books, and video lectures
- Weekly quizzes and final exam are online
- Online testing – submit your assignments and final examination online, and receive your results immediately
- No extra or added fees for registration, course materials and/or examination
- Unlimited Student Support – We are here to help you before, during and after enrollment
- No Travel Necessary
- Nutrition Resources for Your Business
- Guide on Legal Guidelines for Unlicensed Nutrition Practitioners
- Forms, worksheets and checklists provided are perforated for easy duplication
A Certified Holistic Nutritionist May Perform Any of the Following Tasks, But Are Not Limited To:
- Guide on establishing & optimizing your holistic health business
- Counsel clients on basic rules of good holistic nutrition, healthy wholesome eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Counseling and lifestyle management forms for starting your own business
- Assess optimal nutritional needs; assess diet restrictions and current health plans; develop and implement nutritional plans and provide nutritional counseling.
- Advise on nutritional principles, food plans and diet modifications, and food selection and preparation.
- Organize, develop, analyze, test, and prepare optimal meal plans such as healthy fat, optimum cholesterol, plant based, and chemical-free meals.
- Advice on habits for consciously eating healthy foods that promote vibrant physical and mental health while supporting a strong immune system and preventing disease.
- Certified Holistic Nutritionist (CHN) Consultants may also perform advising to take supplements, and other nutritional considerations.
- Certified Holistic Nutritionists (CHN) are also in scope of practice for Holistic Nutrition/Dietitians, Nutritionists, and Health & Wellness Coaches.
- Complete your course within a semester or less
Requirements for enrollment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic understanding of nutrition and a healthy diet
- Desire to help others obtain their nutritional and optimal health goals
- American University of Integrative Medicine (AUIM) admission fee: $200
- Comprehensive manuals and/or digital textbooks, online resources, video presentations with power-point lecture notes, weekly quizzes and online final exam.
- Passing an online exam with 70% or higher.
- Exam is based on the course materials. No added materials needed.
- Once you submit your examination for grading and pass, you will receive your grade and credentials immediately
Holistic Nutritionist Certification Course Curriculum:
|Module 1: Introduction to Human Body and it’s Nutritional Need|
|Module 2: Fundamental of Biochemistry, Macro and Micronutrients need for Body Regeneration|
|Module 3: Dietary Guidelines and Food Labels. Digestion and Different Diet Methods|
Book Study Report
|Module 4: Nutrition Assessment, Food & Digestion, Prevention Allergies and Detoxification|
|Module 5: Diets, Fad Diets, Calories, Obesity and Nutritional Supplements|
|Module 6: Nutrition & Metabolic Syndrome – Hypertension & Cardiovascular Health|
|Module 7: Nutrition & Metabolic Syndrome – Diabetes|
Review of peer Manuscript
|Module 8: Nutrition & Metabolic Syndrome – Cancer and other nutrition related diseases|
|Module 9: Nutrition & Special Populations – Children, Seniors and Women|
|Module 10: Food as Medicine and for Immune System|
|Module 11: Barriers to Implementing a Healthful DietFood Preparation and Culture|
|Module 12: Nutrition Consultant Skill Development|