At the AUIM, we use a strong, user-friendly academic and clinically relevant approach to your learning process. You can feel confident about your IFM training with your patients in practice and with inquiring colleagues who may question your IFM-based recommendations. AUIM has created important learning outcomes (statements that describe significant and essential learning that participants have achieved and can reliably demonstrate at the end of each track) that identify what you will know and be able to do by the end of a course or program. They provide evidence that learning took place.
Each participant of this program will be able to demonstrate the ability to use the nutrition care process using the IFM Patient Care Plan. IFM education will provide high quality care using both the science and art of personalized Healing therapy.
- 100% Online IFM modules and Therapeutic Elimination Diets Track created by experienced Doctorate level practitioners
- IFM Advanced Practice Credential/Certificate of Training (COT) available
- IFM Toolkit including detailed clinical protocols, patient handouts, PowerPoint slides and brandable office documents
- All 4 IFM Tracks (16 modules) available via a professional online platform for a cohesive, case-based experience
- Peer-reviewed, evidence based content presented by IFM
- Faculty/Advisory Board
- Exclusive Q & A Community Cafe Forum
- Individual & Group Mentoring
- Scholarships and Awards
Course Fee: $37,500.00
Upon completion of the MultiTrack Modules, participants should be able to:
- Describe an integrative and functional medicine perspective to clinical practice.
- Identify and describe the basic underlying physiological and pathophysiological principles based on the individual case study.
- Find and utilize practice-informed and/or evidence-based research and/or resources to justify nutrition healing process.
- Utilize a multi-dimensional framework that takes into account the patients’ lifestyle factors (including emotional state, financial and socioeconomic influences and readiness-to-change assessment), physiological systems, signs and symptoms, sources of stress, nutrition focused physical findings, core clinical imbalances, labs, and dietary patterns in the assessment and planning of the natural health care process.
- Identify the most appropriate assessment tools based on the individual case study to regain perfect health.
- Identify the most appropriate labs to order/request based on the individual case study.
- Identify the most appropriate supplementation recommendations based on the individual case study.
- Identify other appropriate lifestyle considerations (mind body practices, stress resiliency, sleep hygiene, etc.) based on the individual case study.
- Create or utilize appropriate patient education handouts.
- Identify potential drug-nutrient interactions including drug-induced nutrient depletions.
- Demonstrate critical thinking of short-term and long-term approaches and patient goals that embrace the integrative and functional medicine model of addressing the root cause of disease, including preventive health care.
- Make the necessary adjustments in patient care if the patient expresses dissatisfaction or lack of compliance for any reason.
We’ll not only guide you throughout the training, we’ll also show you HOW to think like a competent IFM expert so you can eventually learn how to do your own overall health investigative work to successfully manage those complicated cases that will continue to keep coming your way!
Description of the Course
The following outline is a BRIEF description of what you’ll receive when matriculating through the IFM course modules. All modules include an opportunity for case based learning and clinical application.
MULTI TRACK MODULES
Track 1 – Get Ready…Just the Foundations
Module 1 – An Introduction to Integrative and Functional Medicine
Module 2 – Food as Medicine: Origins, Healing Foods and Dietary
Module 3 – Conventional Labs and Functional Blood Chemistry
Module 4 – Dietary Supplements: Science, Art, Practice and Principles
Track 2 – Get Set… Putting it All Together
All modules include whole foods nutrition, laboratory evaluation and dietary supplement and mind-body practice recommendations.
Module 1 – Gut with Gluten Related Disorders
Module 2 – An Integrativen and Functional Nutrition Approach to Brain
Module 3 – CardioMetabolic Disease-Obesity, Inflammation and Insulin
Module 4 – Adrenal, Thyroid and Hormonal Dysfunction
Track 3 – Go…Practice Now!
Module 1 – Energy and Pain Disorders/Mitochondropathy
Module 2 – Detoxification: The Role of Toxicity in Chronic Disease Module
Module 3 – Build, Grow, Thrive… Your IFM Practice
Module 4 – Therapeutic Diets
Track 4 – Case Studies
Module 1: Case Studies: Obesity & Neurological Health
Module 2: Case Studies: Hormones & Fibromyalgia
Module 3: Case Studies: Cancer & Pediatrics (ASD)
Module 4: Case Studies: Detox, CardioMetabolic Syndrome & Wrap-Up
Can I apply my training toward CPE requirements?