The University of Integrated Health (UIH) is America’s premier integrative medical education provider. UIH offers full-time four years Doctor of Integrative Medicine (IMD) program into accelerated two-year online education and another year of internship in any type of integrative medicine clinic. Our compressed program provides you with a rigorous curriculum that blends a thorough scientific foundation with clinical experience.
IMD education and trainings focus on complete treatment for whole body and mind solutions.
Accreditation and Program Overview
University of Integrated Health (UIH) is accredited by AADP (American Association of Drugless Practitioners) and AANWP (American Association of Natural Wellness Practitioners). After graduation from UIH students are qualified to apply AADP and AANWP to become board-certified health care professionals without any further exams. Accreditation allows UIH graduates to sit for the board examinations, which are the gateway to practice in licensed states.
Become an integrative medicine doctor through our holistic integrative medical program which encompasses the diagnosis and management of primary care patients through integrative counseling in parallel to conventional medicine, evidence-based nutrition, wellness counseling, botanicals, physical medicine, Functional Medicine, TCM, homeopathy, physiotherapy, electrotherapy, regenerative therapies, and nutraceuticals. UIH teaches the tenets and philosophy of the profession and the profession’s unique and all-encompassing integrated approach to the patient.
Our curriculums are developed and instructed by experts and healthcare professionals. The courses are primarily delivered by faculty members of the Department of Integrative Medicine in collaboration with the Nutritional Sciences.
- Integrative Health Care and Legalities
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Clinical Nutrition and Lifestyle Management
- Human Pathophysiology and Psychology
- Microbiology and Blood Chemistry
- Acupressure Acupuncture, Reflexology, and Advance Kinesiology
- Application of Functional Medicine and Holistic Healing
- Traditional Chinese Medicine: Philosophy & Research
- Ayurveda and Naturopathic Medicine
- Internal Condition and Energy Medicine
- Mind-Body Connection, Prevention, and Wellness
- Biological, Regenerative, and Body-Based Therapies
Transform Healthcare Through Integrative Medicine
A passionate pledge to nurture the practical integrative medicine capability and confidence that makes board-certified integrative medicine practitioners sought in their field.
Create an integrated learning experience that challenges, educates, empowers, and inspires health professionals to set ego aside, question everything they’ve been taught, and develop the deep, practical application know-how that differentiates a savvy integrative medicine practitioner from their peers.
An experienced, multi-modality tribe of like-minded integrative health professionals, driven and supported to make a significant change in health care, together, no matter where or how they practice.
The Course Includes
Science About IMD
The Science of Integrative Medicine will help you take a proactive approach to your health and wellness in an integrative approach of healing mind, body, and soul. As you delve deeper into integrative practices and learn the science behind how and why they work, you’ll gain a deeper appreciation for why western doctors are now evaluating and incorporating such practices into an array of tools at their disposal to help you reach and maintain wellness. At the conclusion of the course, you’ll find yourself to be a more informed decision-maker. And you’ll see that by working with
Requirements for enrollment:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic understanding of nutrition and a healthy diet
- Desire to help others obtain their nutritional and optimal health goals
- Must be completed Certified Integrative Nutritionist program or any other nutritionist certification approved by UIH Department of Education.
- Comprehensive manuals and/or digital textbooks, online resources, video presentations with power-point lecture notes, weekly quizzes, and online final exams.