The American University of Integrative Medicine (AUIM) is America’s premier natural integrative medical education provider. AUIM offer full-time four years doctoral program into accelerated two-years online education and another year of internship in the alternative or functional medicine health clinic. Our compressed doctoral program provides you with a rigorous curriculum that blends a thorough scientific foundation with comprehensive training of alternative and functional medicine for the whole body and mind solution.
Accreditation and Program Overview
American University of Integrative Medicine (AUIM) is accredited by AADP (American Association of Drugless Practitioners), AANWPB (American Association of Natural Wellness Practitioners Board), GEMA (Guardian Ecclesiastical Medical Association). After graduation from AUIM students are qualified to apply AADP and AANWP to become board certified holistic health professional without further exam. Accreditation allows AUIM graduates to sit for the board examinations, which are the gateway to practice in licensed states.
Become an ND or FMD or IMD finishing doctoral program which encompasses the use of natural means that include naturopathic counseling, nutrition, wellness counseling, botanicals, alternative physical medicine, homeopathy, physiotherapy, electrotherapy, functional medicine, natural therapies and pharmaceuticals. AUIM teaches the tenets and philosophy of the profession and the profession’s unique and all-encompassing no harm natural approach to the patient.
A Board Certified Natural Integrative or Functional Medicine or Naturopathic Medical Doctor May Perform Any of the Following Tasks, But Are Not Limited To:
- Guide on establishing & optimizing your holistic medical health business
- Counsel clients on integrative medicine, natural healing therapies basic rules of good holistic nutrition, healthy wholesome eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Counseling and lifestyle management forms for starting your own business
Unparalleled Career Preparation
You will spend a full year in the clinical internship component of your program. AUIM offers naturopathic clinical internship opportunities that allow students to complete a full-fledged naturopathic internship on our main campus. Our ND internship program is conducted in a framework appropriate to a university setting in our state, and provides experience in high quality naturopathic care. Not only that, you’ll spend your internship in our on-campus integrative medical clinic, learning how to collaborate with professionals from other medical specialties.
For entry to practice in the natural integrative medicine profession, you will take rigorous professional board exams. Demonstrating proficiency through these exams is a necessary step to being licensed in any jurisdiction that regulates the practice of alternative, natural and functional medicine.
Course Curriculum for Doctoral program:
|Semester 1: History, Art, and Practice of Natural Integrative & Functional Medicine|
|Semester 2: Advance Anatomy and Physiology|
|Semester 3: Functional Diagnostic Nutrition and Medicine|
|Semester 4: Internal Condition|
|Semester 5: Herbology and Ayurveda|
|Semester 6: Homeopathy and Reflexology|
|Semester 7: Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) and Ancient Medicine|
|Semester 8: Acupuncture, Reflexology, and Oriental Medicine|
|Semester 9: Advance Kinesiology|
|Semester 10: Energy Medicine|
|Semester 11: Comprehensive Natural Therapies|
|Semester 12: Client Testing and Natural Integrative & Functional Medicine|
- Comprehensive manuals and/or digital textbooks, online resources, video presentations with power-point lecture notes, weekly quizzes and online final exam.
- Passing an online exam with 70% or higher.
- Exam is based on the course materials. No added materials needed.
- Once you submit your examination for grading and pass, you will receive your grade and credentials immediately
Course Delivery Method:
- 100% Digital versions in Blackboard learning management site for all course textbooks and other materials.
- Online access to course materials, books, and video lectures
- Weekly quizzes and final exam are online
- Online testing – submit your assignments and final examination online, and receive your results immediately
- No extra or added fees for registration, course materials and/or examination
- Unlimited Student Support – We are here to help you before, during and after enrollment
- No Travel Necessary
- Resources for Your Business
- Guide on Legal Guidelines for Unlicensed Nutrition Holistic Doctors
- Forms, worksheets and checklists provided are perforated for easy duplication
List of Professor within the doctoral program:
- Dr. Arland Hills
- Dr. Lori Smiscol
- Dr. Abdullah Mahmood
- Dr. Quang Nguyen
- Dr. M. Mojibul Haque
- Dr. Kimberly Boutelle
- Dr. Aya Dirawi