What is a FMC Coach?
A functional medicine consultant serves as a partner in your overall health and wellness. These consultants can work to provide a more tailored approach when you suffer from longer-term, chronic health problems. These consultants are highly-trained health-care providers who can provide tools, support, and accountability, as well as a host of integrative medicine solutions, for lasting changes in your overall health. These services can include advanced protocols, dietary, and lifestyle guidance.
- High-level testing for diagnosing chronic conditions
- Formulating long-term strategies to combat complex health issues
- Supplemental, nutraceutical and pharmaceutical management
- Alternative medicine approaches
- Root-Cause based medicine
- A functional medicine consultant brings a plethora of new ideas and approaches to treating long-term illness. A doctor of functional medicine can have an incredible impact on your overall health.
- Explain the benefits of applying Functional Medicine principles to support a patient receiving physical therapy services.
- Apply a systems biology approach to promote health.
- Have an awareness and basic understanding of the Functional Medicine Timeline and Matrix.
- Demonstrate a basic knowledge of modifiable lifestyle factors that can be used to support health and healing.
- Discuss simple, practical ways to support natural detoxification pathways.
- Identify resources that will help patients address the root cause of the disease.
This course will educate the audience about what Functional Medicine is and how Functional Medicine principles can be implemented in physical therapy clinical practice. Functional Medicine is a holistic approach to recovering from debilitating conditions, such as progressive neuromuscular conditions, by addressing the root cause of illness and health promotion through supportive diet and lifestyle choices. This course will educate the audience about what Functional Medicine is and how Functional Medicine principles can be implemented in physical therapy clinical practice.
Tentative Course Curriculum for FMC program
- Foundations of Holistic medicine and biomedical sciences
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Clinical nutrition and Lifestyle management
- Applied Kinesiology and its Application
- Botanical (herbal) medicine and it application
- Reflexology and physical observation
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Nutritional Symptomatology & Pathophysiology
- Energy medicine and Techniques
- Ancient & Ayurveda Medicine
- Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
- Healing Mind, Body & Spirit
- Learning through UIH own learning management system
- Comprehensive manuals and/or digital textbooks completely free
- Evidence-based health research articles and online resources
- Video presentations with power-point lecture notes
- Weekly quizzes, interactive discussion activity with other classmates
- Comprehensive online final exam.
Course Assessment Method
- 100% Digital versions in Blackboard learning management site for all course textbooks and other materials.
- Online access to course materials, books, and video lectures
- Weekly quizzes and final exam are online
- Online testing – submit your assignments and final examination online, and receive your results immediately
- No extra or added fees for registration, course materials and/or examination
- Unlimited Student Support – We are here to help you before, during and after enrollment
- No Travel Necessary
Prospect for Functional Medicine Coach
As an UIH Certified Holistic Wellness Coach trained in natural complementary nutrition, you may perform any of the following tasks, but are not limited:
- Coach and educate clients on how to achieve and sustain healthy habits as part of a daily routine that includes eating healthy, exercising, managing triggers and eliminating stress, maintaining healthy relationships, and more.
- Empower your clients to achieve optimal and lasting health by addressing any imbalances caused by improper nutrition, a stressful lifestyle, poor sleep quality, a lack of exercise, and more.
- Educate clients on how to identify and change any sources of ill health.
- Create strategies for identifying healthy environments and start a support program to help clients in reaching their personal wellness objectives.
- Recognize when it is necessary to refer clients to their primary care physicians for treatments and/or diagnoses and learn how to communicate this to your client.
- Guide on establishing & optimizing your holistic medicine health business
- Counsel clients on holistic integrative medicine, natural healing therapies basic rules of good holistic nutrition, healthy wholesome eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Counseling and lifestyle management forms for starting your own business Work Opportunities
- There are a variety of job opportunities for Certified Holistic Wellness Coaches whether you want to work full-time, part-time, run your own business or alongside others such as:
- Running your own business with local clients
- Running your own business from the comfort of your own home with remote clients using tools like Skype, Zoom, Slack, etc.
- Incorporations leading workplace health and wellness programs.
- In schools helping children and educators.
- In wellness centers and holistic clinics.
Prospect for Functional Medicine Coach
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic understanding of nutrition and a healthy diet
- Desire to help others obtain their nutritional and optimal health goals
- The University of Integrated Health admission fee is $99
The University of Integrated Health (UIH) is America’s premier integrative medicine education provider. UIH offers one-year online Holistic Health Wellness Coach (HWC) education and 3 months internship in a holistic alternative medicine clinic. Our compressed program provides you with a rigorous curriculum that blends through an evidence-based and cutting-edge scientific foundation with comprehensive training in traditional holistic integrative treatments for whole body and mind solutions.
Accreditation and Program Overview
University of Integrated Health (UIH) is accredited by AADP (American Association of Drugless Practitioners), AANWP (American Association of Natural Wellness Practitioners). After graduation from UIH students are qualified to apply AADP and AANWP to become board certified health professionals without further exams. Become a certified health professional which encompasses the management of primary care patients through the use of natural means that include holistic counseling, nutrition, wellness counseling, botanicals, physical medicine, homeopathy, physiotherapy, electrotherapy, and natural pharmaceuticals. UIH teaches the tenets and philosophy of the profession and the profession’s unique and all-encompassing alternative and natural approach to the patient.