Holistic Wellness Coach
If you are looking for an in-depth Online Holistic Nutrition & Health Coach Program that dives deep into the profound relationship between lifestyle, nutrition, and overall health focusing on the MIND/BODY/SPIRIT approach to health; you are in the right place!
What is a Certified Holistic Wellness Coach?
A certified holistic wellness coach is a licensed practitioner that works with people in health and wellness who have moderate to high health risks, chronic conditions, and disease, working with them to motivate a change in their behavior to improve their health. As a certified holistic wellness coach from auimedu, you can provide health service with an integrative approach, helping people through lifestyle changes, self-care, improving eating habits by teaching holistic nutrition fundamentals, working on weight loss, increasing physical activity in fun ways, teaching stress management skills, and navigating chronic disease/conditions.
Wellness coaches aren’t always licensed healthcare professionals, and they don’t diagnose or treat diseases. They can complement medical care by coaching clients through lifestyle changes prescribed by a physician or dietician, or simply offer accountability and inspiration for those who are ready to feel more vibrant by improving their health behavior.
Licensed healthcare and public health professionals can also become holistic wellness coaches in order to add another skill set to their healthcare toolkit to better serve patients.
Tentative Course Curriculum for HWC program
- Foundations of Holistic medicine and biomedical sciences
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Clinical nutrition and Lifestyle management
- Applied Kinesiology and its Application
- Botanical (herbal) medicine and it application
- Reflexology and physical observation
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Nutritional Symptomatology & Pathophysiology
- Energy medicine and Techniques
- Ancient & Ayurveda Medicine
- Traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
- Healing Mind, Body & Spirit
- Learning through auimedu own learning management system
- Comprehensive manuals and/or digital textbooks completely free
- Evidence based health research articles and online resources
- Video presentations with power-point lecture notes
- Weekly quizzes, interactive discussion activity with other classmates
- Comprehensive online final exam.
- 100% Digital versions in Blackboard learning management site for all course textbooks and other materials.
- Online access to course materials, books, and video lectures
- Weekly quizzes and final exams are online
- Online testing – submit your assignments and final examination online, and receive your results immediately
- No extra or added fees for registration, course materials and/or examination
- Unlimited Student Support – We are here to help you before, during and after enrollment
- No Travel Necessary
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- High school diploma or GED
- Basic understanding of nutrition and a healthy diet
- Desire to help others obtain their nutritional and optimal health goals
- The University of Integrated Health admission fee is $99
As an UIH Certified Holistic Wellness Coach trained in natural complementary nutrition, you may perform any of the following tasks, but are not limited:
- Coach and educate clients on how to achieve and sustain healthy habits as part of a daily routine that includes eating healthy, exercising, managing triggers and eliminating stress, maintaining healthy relationships, and more.
- Empower your clients to achieve optimal and lasting health by addressing any imbalances caused by improper nutrition, a stressful lifestyle, poor sleep quality, a lack of exercise, and more.
- Educate clients on how to identify and change any sources of ill health.
- Create strategies for identifying healthy environments and start a support program to help clients in reaching their personal wellness objectives.
- Recognize when it is necessary to refer clients to their primary care physicians for treatments and/or diagnoses and learn how to communicate this to your client.
- Guide on establishing & optimizing your holistic medicine health business
- Counsel clients on holistic integrative medicine, natural healing therapies basic rules of good holistic nutrition, healthy wholesome eating habits, and nutrition monitoring to improve their quality of life.
- Counseling and lifestyle management forms for starting your own business Work Opportunities
- There are a variety of job opportunities for Certified Holistic Wellness Coaches whether you want to work full-time, part-time, run your own business or alongside others such as:
- Running your own business with local clients
- Running your own business from the comfort of your own home with remote clients using tools like Skype, Zoom, Slack, etc.
- Incorporations leading workplace health and wellness programs.
- In schools helping children and educators.
- In wellness centers and holistic clinics.
$1200.00 Current Special $840.00
- Dr. Adrian Isaza, DC, PhD
- Dr. Sara Florida, PhD
- Dr. Lauren J. Marchefka, MSN, BA, FNP-BC, ABAAHP
- Dr. Marina D. Crosby
- Dr. Dawndi Reeves, DC
- Dr. M. Mojibul Haque, ND, PhD
The University of Integrated Health (auimedu) is America’s premier integrative medicine education provider. auimedu offers one-year online Holistic Health Wellness Coach (HWC) education and 3 months internship in a holistic alternative medicine clinic. Our compressed program provides you with a rigorous curriculum that blends through an evidence-based and cutting-edge scientific foundation with comprehensive training in traditional holistic integrative treatments for whole body and mind solutions.
Accreditation and Program Overview
University of Integrated Health (auimedu) is accredited by AADP (American Association of Drugless Practitioners), International Association for Quality Assurance in Higher Education (QAHE). After graduation from auimedu students are qualified to apply AADP and QAHE to become board certified health professionals without further exams. Become a certified health professional which encompasses the management of primary care patients through the use of natural means that include holistic counseling, nutrition, wellness counseling, botanicals, physical medicine, homeopathy, physiotherapy, electrotherapy, and natural pharmaceuticals. auimedu teaches the tenets and philosophy of the profession and the profession’s unique and all-encompassing alternative and natural approach to the patient.
How to Apply?
Tell us a little about yourself and we’ll help with the rest. Our convenient online application tool only takes 10 minutes to complete.
After you submit your application, an admissions representative will contact you and will help you to complete the process.
Once you’ve completed your application and connected with an admissions representative, you’re ready to create your schedule.